This training is intended to educate Quantity Surveyors to acquire the extensive skills and practical knowledge to practice as a Professional Quantity Surveyor in Middle East and around the world.
Program objective The training intended to cover the following subject and estimated duration is 40 Hrs.
- Contract formation.
- Documents forming part of the contract.
- Standard forms of main contract – Ex: FIDIC & QCOC.
- Roles & responsibilities of parties – Client, Contractor, Engineer etc.
- Advance payments / Interim Payments / Retention Bonds / Guarantees & Warranties / Insurance / Sectional / Partial & Substantial Completion materials on / off site.
- Certification of payments.
- Contract close out.
- Valuing Variations.
- Delay & Liquidated damages.
- Extensions of time.
- Prolongation cost.
- Payment after termination.
After Completing the training, delegates will be able to;
- Get thorough knowledge about the “Contract”, how to form a Contract, documents are included in a Contract.
- Gain extensive knowledge about FIDIC & QGCOC form of contracts, what are the important clauses that the Quantity Surveyors/Contract Administrators should be well verse with regards to payment, variation, claims and other contract administration area.
- Understand what are the roles and responsibilities of each party like Contractor, Engineer (consultant) and Owner (client) as outlined in the Contract.
- Explore more about Payment, Variation, Claims with respect to the form of contracts and Law, and analyze the legal and contractual obligations of each party with regards to the Payment, Variation and Claim.
- Get knowledge about Extension of Time, prolongation cost and how to prepare/ value the EoT claims.
- Explore in depth about Bonds, Insurance, guarantees and warranties that the contractor shall be produced with respect to the respective Contract.
- Get extensive knowledge about Contract Closeout, Termination and what remedy/compensation that the Contract advise with respect to these event.
- Familiar about Dispute Resolution with respect to different forms of contracts.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for Project Managers, Finance Managers, Human Resource Personals, Accountant, Engineers, Planners, Cost Engineers, Cost Controlling Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
Mode of study:
- Online/Class room.
CEBS’s Training Methods
- PowerPoint Presentation.
- Audio/Video visual effects.
- Extensive support to write Technical Paper.
- Computer Based Test simulations/mockup exam.(CEBS only provides this facility)
- Other necessary supports.
This training is recognized by AACE International, USA. Upon successful completion of the training, students will be able to get the “Certificate of Completion” with 40PDUs as accredited by AACE International.
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_button title=”Register Now” target=”_self” color=”btn-primary” icon=”wpb_document_word” size=”btn-large” href=”https://cebstudies.com/register-now/”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row]